Many people nowadays love to travel around the globe, due to which travel insurance becomes even more critical. Many people also have queries about Schengen visa insurance. So, before diving into the depths of the application process, let’s first know a little about how to apply for affordable travel insurance for a schengen visa?.
What is Schengen?
Schengen is the EU passport-free zone which includes almost all the European Union countries. It is considered the most extensive free travel zone in the world.
However, prevailing to the current coronavirus condition, you might have to face some travel and entry restrictions. If you want to travel in the covid situation, check out beforehand to avoid any entry restrictions.
What is a Schengen visa?
If you plan a short trip to Europe or any country in the Schengen area, you will need a Schengen visa. While having a Schengen visa, you can visit any country that is included in that region. It is valid for a maximum of 90 days tour, and that tour can be for business or tourism purposes.
The Schengen visa allows its holder to travel freely without restriction in the member countries, and due to this reason, it is the most common visa for Europe. Moreover, there are no borders of the countries included in the Schengen zone.
But if you have a plan to stay in the Schengen countries for more than 90 days, whether the stay is due to educational purposes or tourism purposes, you must have a national visa. Because above a period of 90 days, the visa is not applicable.
Which countries are included in the Schengen zone?
A total of 26 countries have signed the Schengen agreement, and thus, these 26 countries are included in the Schengen zone. Every member country can issue a visa to any resident.
The countries included in the Schengen zone are Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein.
You can travel to any of these countries without waiting for a special visa and permission from the state authorities.
Types of Schengen visas for short term visits in Europe:
There are a lot of types of Schengen visas for short-term visits in Europe. Following are some of the most common Schengen visas if you want to travel to one or more one European countries.
- Schengen visa for Business purposes
- It uses for visiting friends and family members.
- Schengen visa uses for tourism and holidays.
- It used for cultural and sports events.
- It also used for airport transit and transit for seafarers.
- Schengen visa uses for an official visit and medical reasons.
- Schengen visa uses for short-term study and research purposes.
You can tell the visa issuing authority about the frequency of your visits so that the visa issuing authority can issue you the correct visa according to your requirement. The Schengen consulate can provide you with the following types of entry visas depending upon your requirements.
- Single-entry Schengen visa.
A single-entry Schengen visa is suitable for people who don’t travel frequently. Especially the people who barely visit any country in the whole year because of businesses purposes should take a single-entry visa.
- Double-entry Schengen visa.
A double-entry visa is suitable for people who travel less frequently. Especially the people who barely visit any country in the whole year because of businesses purposes or traveling purposes should take a Double-entry visa.
- Multiple entry Schengen visas.
A multiple-entry Schengen visa is suitable for people who travel frequently. Especially the people who visit many countries in the whole year because of businesses or tourism purposes should take multiple-entry Schengen visa.
What’s covered in backpacker travel insurance?
Schengen visa insurance covers a lot of expenses and brings you at ease so that you can enjoy your trip. Following are the details of the things covered in how to apply for affordable travel insurance for a schengen visa? .
- Charges of ticketing incurred due to cancelation of the flight. And also, the amount you paid for the ticket will get wasted if you are an insured traveler with an annual insurance package. Your insurance company will pay all the expenses.
- To compensate for the personal expenses due to the delay of the flight. But if you are an insured traveler, you don’t have to worry about it because your insurance company will do all these expenses.
- To compensate for the loss of the baggage.
- To compensate for the loss of your passport or other important documents.
- Take care of your medical payments (in case of emergencies and routine, including dental issues).
- To safely rescue or evacuate you from any emergency and to compensate for its charges.
The application process of Schengen visa insurance
If you want a Schengen visa insurance, first analyze your visit and understand whether you need it or not. Once you have decided that you need it, figure out your travel plan from which Schengen country you will enter and which country you will exit. Also, figure out the number of days you will stay in a specific location and how many countries you plan to visit?
After finalizing all these things, review the Europe visa application requirements that are compulsory to get the visa. Then start the process of your visa appointment at any of your nearest visa consulates. After getting the visa, you can apply for how to apply for affordable travel insurance for a schengen visa? .
In this regard, insuremytrip.com provides you with one of the best insurance services. You can contact them to get your travel insurance on a visa with a lot of benefits. You can clear your queries with a single phone call on their customer support service a also get to know about their packages and can choose the one that suits you. The price also varies depending upon your requirements.